Auria is a leading global supplier of highly-engineered systems for automotive flooring, acoustical, thermal, aerodynamic and other fiber-based solutions for gas and electric vehicles. With U.S.-based operational headquarters in Southfield, Michigan, Auria operates 16 manufacturing, 9 technical and 5 JV locations across 10 countries and employs approximately 3,900 people worldwide.
We are currently searching for a Maintenance Engineer to join our Corporate Manufacturing Engineering group and support the Maintenance Departments in our North America Plants.
This role will be based in one of our US Plants, dependent on the candidates current location. The role will require travel up to 50% to support our plants.
This position is responsible for the indirect oversite of the maintenance groups in our North American Plants. The position will ensure that the preventative maintenance systems, spare parts, and team training are effective and efficient. The position will also have the opportunity to work on a variety of other engineering type of projects related to manufacturing of acoustical soft trim products for the automotive industry.
- Become familiar with all areas of Auria’s plant equipment and processes.
- Provide direction and oversite of the manufacturing plants maintenance and preventative maintenance programs.
- Establish a reporting and monitoring system for preventative maintenance at a corporate level.
- Review plant level preventative maintenance work orders for scope and improvement recommendations.
- Development and standardization of maintenance KPI’s.
- Establish preventative maintenance standard work and frequencies for like and new equipment.
- Establish regularly scheduled working meetings with North American plants to review project status and establish goals related to PM’s spare part inventory control, including set min and max levels
- Drive the utilization of our spare parts inventory system in MRP (PLEX) with measurements and reporting. Includes setting standards for input information.
- Establish programs for hydraulic oil monitoring, thermal imaging of electrical panels, and compressed air leak detection.
- Support the plants when emergency downtime occurs with either technical support or assisting in finding repair parts.
- Review health and safety procedures as it relates to maintenance and preventative maintenance.
- Assist in establishment of equipment TPM’s to improve the uptime.
- Assist the plants with annual budgeting related to recommended spare parts and preventative maintenance.
- Project management keeping projects within cost and timing targets as it relates to assigned activities.
- Establish process for purging obsolete items from spare parts inventories.
- Establish standards and or testing for evaluating maintenance technician skill levels.
- Assisting in the identification and implementation of training for development of our maintenance team members.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities. This includes quality, safety, efficiency, and plant Kaizen events as required.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ work experience managing maintenance activities.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in related field preferred.
- Experience with preventative maintenance systems.
- Experience in development and training of maintenance personnel.
- Experience evaluating various types of mechanical equipment for preventative maintenance activities and spare parts.
- Able to read electrical and hydraulic prints.
- Experience identifying safety procedures for maintenance technicians.