Auria is a leading global supplier of automotive acoustical and textile solutions. Formed in 2017 with Shanghai Shenda Co., Ltd., Auria is built on a 150-year transportation industry heritage.
Our product line includes highly engineered acoustical solutions for interior noise reduction, textile-based and compression-molded flooring products, and other interior soft trim products, including package trays, trunk trim, and wheel arch liners. Auria operates 17 manufacturing and 10 commercial, engineering, testing, and tooling facilities in 11 countries and has nearly 3,900 employees worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Sr Director of Operations based out of our Old Fort, NC facility. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for multiple facilities that produce products for specific customers
- Supervises Plant Managers, Finance, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials, Quality, HR, and Information Systems
- Has P&L responsibility for assigned location(s)
- Has a significant impact on the business of the Company in terms of strategic planning, costs, schedules, and customer relationships
- Comply with the facility environmental policy and any applicable operational controls in order to meet the established environmental objectives and targets.
- Ensure that employees have the best possible working conditions, through the development of HS&E systems and policies to prevent unreasonable health and safety risks.
- Receive organizational goals and customer requirements and leads the operation to develop strategies and methods to meet them.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity
- Work with project managers in the development of financial and budgetary plans
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement where necessary
- Develop budgets and assure compliance with budgetary requirements in accordance with corporate, divisional and governmental regulations
- Assist in development of policies and procedures to improve the overall performance of the organization
- Responsible for the daily liquidity management of the company in accordance with company directions.
- Responsible for preparing the plant to secure a successful launch of new programs in accordance with the applicable time schedules and customer requirements.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial information and reports for corporate accounting and executives.
- Lead strategy development and implementation
- Generally supervises others responsible for policy development and implementation
- Exercise broad judgment and decision-making authority having a major impact on the business of the Company
- Systematically cultivates and maintains long-term, collaborative relationship with key stakeholders and with selected organizations to achieve mutual goals.
- Facilitates the development, maintenance and monitoring of organizational plans.
- Responsible for preparing the organization for ongoing change.
- Ensures clarity, understanding and commitment from all stakeholders.
- Responsible for the development of annual revenue targets.
- Responsible for the development and management of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Responsible for the identification of new business development opportunities.
- Develops innovative initiatives to enhance internal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops innovative initiatives to enhance revenue generation.
- BS/BA degree in related field
- MS/MBA preferred
- · Requires 10+ years in a manufacturing operational role
- Automotive manufacturing preferred
- Previous P&L Experience
- Knowledge of QS9000, ISO14001 and TS16949
- Understanding of general business practices and principles
- Ability to manage multiple facilities
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must have direct management experience with medium-scale initiatives involving significant dollar amounts and implications, a medium staff, and involving diverse stakeholder groups.
- The ability to lead and motivate groups and individuals. Able to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally. Able to overcome obstacles to cooperation and to foster harmonious relations.
- Strong project management skills. Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Proven leadership and consensus building skills. Solid and broad understanding of all aspects of fiscal management and information technology.
- Proven negotiation and mediation skills.
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, materials, customer service, production, and employee management
- Ability to streamline or implement structures and roles that boost speed and efficiency while supporting rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legal guidelines
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.