Auria is a leading global supplier of automotive acoustical and textile solutions. Formed in 2017 as a joint venture between Shanghai Shenda Co., Ltd., and International Automotive Components (IAC) Group, Auria is built on a 150-year transportation industry heritage.
Our product line includes highly engineered acoustical solutions for interior noise reduction, textile-based and compression-molded flooring products and other interior soft trim products, including package trays, trunk trim and wheel arch liners. Auria operates 17 manufacturing and 10 commercial, engineering and testing and tooling facilities in 11 countries and has nearly 4,000 employees worldwide.
Our Holmesville facility has an opening for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
Position Specific Requirements:
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to reduce changeover times, reduce scrap rates, increase production throughput, and optimize processes (acceptable quality at lowest cost).
- Support our Program Engineer in all product change and launch initiatives (APQP/ECN) as required.
- Maintain and support process control initiatives (SPC, data collection/analysis).
- Assist in troubleshooting of all equipment and process issues on the production floor.
- Provide input for new project planning as assigned regarding process and equipment specifications, facilities planning, and cost data.
- Assist in completing production trials by coordinating run times with scheduling, determining the optimal processing conditions (cost & quality), assuring the appropriate sample testing is conducted, and following through to make sure items arrive at the correct destination.
- Participate in required conference calls, meeting, and discussions related to our processes.
- Performs, develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Examines, plans and specifications for new machinery or equipment to determine if all safety precautions have been included.
- Any additional reasonable request deemed necessary by management
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering or related technical experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience, preferably in carpet gantries, extrusion, non-woven processing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail
- PLC or programming experience a plus
- General knowledge of safety, quality and engineering process preferred
- Good communication skills and ability to interface on all levels of operation
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Proficient with AutoCAD