Auria is a leading global supplier of automotive acoustical and textile solutions. Formed in 2017 as a joint venture between Shanghai Shenda Co., Ltd., and International Automotive Components (IAC) Group, Auria is built on a 150-year transportation industry heritage.
Our product line includes highly engineered acoustical solutions for interior noise reduction, textile-based and compression-molded flooring products and other interior soft trim products, including package trays, trunk trim and wheel arch liners. Auria operates 18 manufacturing and 10 commercial, engineering and testing and tooling facilities in 11 countries and has nearly 5,000 employees worldwide.
Our St Clair, MI, nestled just an hour north of Detroit and along the St Clair River, is currently searching for a Plant Engineering Manager. The position will be located onsite at our facility in St Clair and relocation is available.
The Controls Engineer will be the Subject Matter Expert for the plant and work with the Engineering Department at the Plant and Corporate, Maintenance Department, and Operations to ensure that we are deliver quality parts to our customers on time.
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS (PSR):
- Update, modify and continuously improve existing controls systems including robotic programs, Allen Bradley ladder logic, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, multiple operator interfaces, hydraulics and pneumatics distribution control
- Design and develop new machine controls involving robotics, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and vision applications
- Coordinate in a professional manner with engineering and maintenance on existing machine controls modifications and issues keeping existing equipment function and production running
- Knowledge of machine and plant networking solutions
- Able to work with OEMs to guarantee new equipment is designed and built to the facility’s safety and controls standards
- Knowledge of the integration of barcode scanners/cameras into PLC control systems
- Provide electrical support for injection molding press systems. Provide electrical support for injection molding robotics
- Integrate assembly verification/poke yoke systems into existing equipment
- Identify cost reduction opportunities
- Candidate is expected to teach themselves functionality of new devices and controls systems as technology advances and equipment is updated
- Assures that all systems are maintained at maximum acceptable levels
- Requires 5+ years in engineering or manufacturing
- PC Hardware setup, troubleshooting, maintaining
- Basic LAN knowledge and functionality (TCP/IP)
- Basic LAN hardware knowledge (switches, cabling, routers)
- Software installation/upgrading
- Network printing
- Basic AD knowledge (disable users, change passwords)
- Windows 7
- Installing / troubleshooting label printers and hand held scanners
- Backup exec (or similar software)
- Ability to read and update electrical schematic drawings
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and systems involving Urethane reaction injection molding, Rotational dry cast cells, Vacuum forming, Paint cells, Laser scoring, water jets, sonic and vibration welding and others
- Experience Rockwell, Mitsubishi, Siemens and Omron PLC/HMI systems
- Industrial protocols such as Ethernet, Profibus, RS-232, Devicenet, DH+
- Strong deductive reasoning/problem solving skills
- Visual Basic or other software design is a plus
- AutoCAD design software